Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Foreign movies.


We went to the movies again last night. We saw Hulk: El Hombre Increible.

Just like Indiana Jones, this one was in English and subtitled in Spanish. Except for when The Hulk was in Brazil and it was in Portuguese, subtitled in Spanish. Or when he moved up to Guatemala and Chiapas, when it was in Spanish with no subtitles at all.

Who knew you needed to be such a linguistic master to watch such a silly movie. (I think we got the idea without knowing exactly what was said.)

After the movie, we stumbled into karaoke night at one of our neighborhood restaurants. I will leave you with the line that is still running in my head this morning, from the last song we heard, because it's exactly how I feel about you: "You are so beeeYOOOOOOOOOOOOteeful, and I have loved you dearly. More dearly than the spoken word can tell."

No comments: