Saturday, October 25, 2008

Aren't they beautiful?


These are sweet potato chips Ross made for our friends last night. He also whipped up a blue cheese and honey dip that was completely addictive.
Plus there was a comforting, filling, beef chili and fresh corn pudding. Oh. And pumpkin pie with real whipped cream.
This is what you miss when you're not here on Friday.
You also miss the warm fellowship and sometimes warmer discussions of friends who are also family. Don't get us started on Sarah Palin. Or teachers' salaries. Or epistemology. Or whatever got us all riled up last night.
I love our Friday nights.
Today we went to RV school. We signed up for this when we thought we'd be a lot closer to buying an RV about now. It was still helpful and interesting. We'll get there, but it may be a few months later than we thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum. I've been there, and you're right, I'd love to share another of those evenings! You would like the gathering I attended last night: Pie and Propositions. It is an election-year-only gathering, so happens every two years, focusing attention on the initiatives and propositions on the California ballot. Attendees either have to research and report on one of the initiatives or propositions, or bring a home-made pie. There were at least 20 pies last night, maybe more (I tried to keep my plate simple: slivers of three pies on round one, of two pies on round two). My favorite last night was a goat cheese cheesecake topped with a red wine/red grape/toasted walnut compote. The unusual flavor combinations brought to mind the current craze (is this only in L.A.?) for bacon and chocolate, which I've not yet tasted, but keep hearing about. I'm much clearer about how I will vote on the local issues, too!