Sunday, October 5, 2008

Odds and ends.

Ross left on an overnight business trip this afternoon, so I'm doing a few odd jobs today. Like catch up with you!

I went to dragon boat practice yesterday morning, and -- since it's been nearly a month -- I'm very, very sore today. I take comfort that my soreness is all in my torso and not my shoulders. That means I must be doing it right. (Although I got a massage yesterday afternoon that focused on my neck and shoulders, so maybe that has something to do with my lack of soreness there.)

We were supposed to have a follow-up meeting with our realtor yesterday, but he canceled. He's done that a lot. I don't know if that means he's not excited or it's just (bad?) luck. I know we're not that excited right now. We keep thinking this is a bad time to sell -- but then we think, "Is it just going to get worse?" I'm quite sure that we won't be putting the house on the market until after the beginning of the year -- maybe spring or summer.

Ross started teaching a new class this morning on Signs, Symbols and Mysteries of Christianity. He showed a lot of photos he took on our vacation, since we went to a lot of Roman ruins with many Christian symbols on them.

That's everything about my odd weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carolyn,
I love your blog, and am curious about the other blogs you list--are these (except the Hacker one, of course) your family members blogging, or others we non-Hansarn folks might recognize with a clue or two?
xx, L.

Carolyn Hansen said...

Good question and thanks for asking!

Baklava Java is Eric -- he and Cammie are friends from our Friday Night Group who recently relocated (with their two small children) to Luxembourg for two years. We miss them! They left the country just hours (it seems) before we returned from Mexico.

Gilberts in Buenos Aires are our friends Kristi and Peter, also from Friday Nights, who are in Argentina until . . . February, I think. We'd LOVE to visit them early next year.

Sewing and Such is written by our niece, Tracy, who married my brother Randy's kid, Rick, who was in the Navy and lived near Seattle for a couple years, so people here who were in the Friday Night group then may remember him and his amazing piano talent. (Sometimes it's hard to believe I write for a living.)

And I NEED A WHAT? is my sister Anita's blog. She lives in Maryland with brother-in-law Ted and is a teacher and guidance counselor at a Christian school and a mom and grandmother. (All that is not necessarily in order of importance.)

Anonymous said...

Yaaaay, I was right about Tracy probably being related (though I didn't figure out that it was through marriage to Rick). I didn't read Anita's at all yet, as I ran out of time; but, now I know, and will enjoy looking in from time to time. Thx!! xx, L.

tracy said...

my ears are burning! my ears are burning!!

Anonymous said...

's OK, Tracy, we're talking about you 'cause I enjoyed seeing your site!