Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We're officially defensive. Drivers, that is.

We passed! In fact, Frank said he thought he could train Ross to drive a tanker in about a week. I need some practice before I get that kind of praise. But I did fine.

We'll get certificates to prove we have the ability to get from point A to point B without endangering life and limb.

Now I want to do this full time. It really is pretty cool. We're forced to simplify our lives a little. (Although we can always find ways to complicate things . . . just like I can always find ways to add calories to whatever I eat.)

Tomorrow we head up to the coast of California, near Trinidad Bay, and hang out there for a day or two.

2 comments:

Eric Chastain said...

I see a "Smokey and the Bandit" sequel coming up. Ross driving the barge filled with wine, and you playing lead/chase car in the Prius. Zigzagging across country roads, avoiding the Minutemen, the Border Patrol and the Mexican Federales while hurrying to the next KOA Kampground. You'll have to get yourself a couple of CB handles.

Carolyn Hansen said...

CB handles, eh? Pinot Noir and Zinfandel? Tequila and Cognac? Chesterton and Lewis?