Monday, September 1, 2008

Cookies!


Ross worked very hard today . . . he cut down a tree in our front yard and cleaned up all the dead plants up on our roof deck.

I made dog cookies.

He and I also brought five big bags of stuff to Goodwill. I must be 200 pounds lighter.

Nephew Rick expressed skepticism about us fitting our Seattle house into a motor home. And all I want to say is . . . but you should see my closet!

I understand the question, though. One answer is that we both have electronic books. Plus, we had a LOT of bookshelves put into Casa Gecko. So whatever books we don't give away, we'll bring south and leave there. The piano (and piano books) will go to Mexico, too. Furniture will be sold or given away. Except desks and the futon will be moved to Mexico. Oh, and the big TV and the DVDs go to Mexico.

Yup. That's going to be one big moving van, isn't it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW.
No, really. WOW. Carolyn, you have always been one of the most brave women I know, when it comes to making big geographic or career changes, and here you go again! (Sorry, not excluding Ross by that comment, just I've known Carolyn for a lot longer . . . Ross is pretty darned brave, too!) This is huge. Will you keep a U.S. address at all? Casa Gecko will love the piano!
xx, L.

Anonymous said...

Yeah...big WOW from here too! I'm...sort of overwhelmed from a distance!

So...when are you going to try and be out of Seattle? (sorry if I've missed this if you shared it already)

Anonymous said...

Can I have one of those cookies???

Carolyn Hansen said...

Those cookies are pretty tasty, Peter! (I don't normally recommend dog food -- and these have no sugar -- but they're not bad.)

Anonymous said...

Those cookies are so cute! I don't blame Peter for asking for one.