Sunday, August 31, 2008

Downsizing

We've talked to a realtor. So I guess this means we're serious. And we're seriously considering getting a motor home.

Huh?

Maybe this is our way of tapering off from having two houses. We'll have one in Mexico and one on wheels.

Couple of reasons. One, we had a great time on our road trips to Mexico and back. The dogs seemed to have as much fun as we did -- and we didn't have to worry about them being left behind, wondering where we were. Two, we're going to want to come back to the States a lot. We talked about renting apartments for a month or two at a time -- but then you have to plan way ahead and find one that will take dogs. This way we'll be able to be much more flexible.

Last weekend we went to the RV show and looked through dozens of motor homes. I talked Ross into considering a bigger one than he was thinking about. It wasn't that much more expensive, and it has a lot more to offer. We won't be able to buy it until we sell this house because we don't want to go into debt -- so that gives us a few more months to think about it.

I finally finished unpacking. I had packed nearly everything I have (clothes and bathroom things) in boxes so Todd and Linda wouldn't have to work around my stuff. I've been living on what we brought back from Mexico for the last month. While I unpacked, I took the opportunity to throw things away and set clothes aside for Goodwill. I have two large Hefty bags ready to go.

I see that Ross has a large box of books to get rid of, too.

It looks like 2009 will be a very different year for us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't picture fitting your seattle house into an RV! Can't decide how big a storage room you're going to get! But the dogs will certainly be happy.

George-Judy Oakes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
George-Judy Oakes said...

Howdy,

Like I said on Friday, if you would like to stay on our property at Ocean Shores, you would be most welcome. We have a sewer hookup and almost have water (if you are going to stay out there, give me some lead time and I can get a water hookup put together for you quickly and easily). All you would need to do is get the key from me and stop by the OS police department and get a free permit.

One thing that would make your RV lives much much easier is the Sewer Solution (www.sewersolution.com) I had one for my trailer and, unfortunately, sold it when I sold the trailer.

Let me know if you have any questions.

G