Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sea level.

We made it back! We arrived around 4:30 p.m.

Today we started in Montana, cut through the panhandle of Idaho and took the long tour of the great state of Washington. We saw lots of wonderful scenery. I think Western Washington is the prettiest part of the world. In August. In the sunshine.

The house looks lighter and brighter than I remember it. Possibly it's that August sunshine effect. Or maybe it's that some our stuff is still hidden in closets. Todd and Linda took great care of the place. My mail was even sorted! It took me 15 minutes to look through it. Normally, after being gone a couple of weeks, it takes three days. What a wonderful thing.

The dogs are resting between bouts of sniffing everything. I can imagine them thinking, "This place looks familiar, but it sure smells different. Is that cat?!?"

I'm doing a little laundry so I'll have something appropriate to wear to work tomorrow. Hmmm. Real clothes, not stretchy yoga pants. Real shoes, not flip-flops. Makeup.

Now I remember why I want to work at home.

I'll be seeing most of the folks who read this blog in real life soon -- so I don't know if I'll keep writing. If I do, I won't be hurt if you don't want to check in on it anymore. As long as we continue to check in with each other, I'm fine with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was in San Jose (and the oh-so-gorgeous redwood-filled mountains nearby) for three days, so just checked in today to catch up on everything since Restaurant IV. Wow: you guys book when you hit the road! Furthermore, I recognized places I've been from your description--good job, Carolyn! May home and work-with-work-clothes greet you warmly and make you as glad to be back as is possible. L.