Saturday, August 2, 2008

Maybe more than a mile high.

This was the fastest, easiest day yet. We're in Bozeman. It's probably a very nice city. It's a university town, isn't it? But we're at a Best Western just off the freeway . . . so we don't know. That's okay. Just happy to be here.

We took I-25 to I-90 . . . so we really must be on the home stretch. I-90 starts (or ends?) in Seattle. We saw the beginning of I-94 during the drive today. I'm sentimental. I waved to it.

Wyoming, from I-25 anyway, is more interesting than, say, Kansas . . . but stick it between Colorado and Montana and it suffers by comparison. Most of it looks completely uninhabited. I always heard that Montana had the lowest population density of any state -- but, along our route, it's got farmland anyway. Wyoming had not much.

What was very fun were (was?) the silhouettes. In Mexico, there's a (relatively) common billboard that's a cutout of an ENORMOUS bull. You see it at the top of a hill from miles away and think . . . whoa! That's big. In Wyoming, we saw a buffalo. (Um-hmmmm.) Then a cowboy on a horse. (Huh!) Then the Indian on a horse. (Awww.) Then a jackalope. (Hahahhaha!) Then a triceratops. (HAH!) A state with very few people and a big sense of humor.

Okay. I'm done with parentheses for this post.

Tomorrow, we'll be home!

No comments: