Sunday, November 30, 2008

The most wonderful time.

Everything is as we left it here -- except the dogs are being extra affectionate. (They like us, the really like us!)

We missed them an awful lot, too.

By the way, the rest of our time in Ajijic was really nice. We went to a matinee one day for The Last Legion. I'd never heard of it. I don't know if it's still playing here. It started out pretty bad, but I liked it by the end.

We went to Pedro's Gourmet for Thanksgiving dinner with our new neighbors, Ron and Kathy. On Friday we went out with our good friend, Claudette. She keeps us updated on all the local news.

It's now officially time to start thinking about Christmas. We're going to a Christmas concert at Benaroya Hall tonight. It's the choir from Seattle Pacific University. I'm very excited about it. It reminds me of going to hear my sisters sing in the Park High School choir. Best memories ever.

So, now that it's the season, do you have any Christmas wishes I should know about?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll leave the most personal wishes for private communications, but I'm hoping for the greatest number of patients I've seen in my acupuncture practice in one month, for this month. There are several reasons for this, but suffice it to say, with so many people facing so many challenges, I want to help a lot more than I want to twiddle my thumbs.

Lainie said...

Silly as it may seem, I was pretty moved by your recollection of going to choir concerts at Park High, when I wasin the best choir I've ever, ever been in. As you know, that's saying a lot, as I have been in many, many choirs. I remember going to Park's choir concerts before I started high school and just praying and praying that I'd be in that choir one day. As it turned out, I was the only girl in the whole school, of over 2000 students, who made the choir her first year of high school. Pretty awesome :)
Like you, I still totally love choir concerts--church choirs, school choirs, university choirs, it doesn't matter.

Carolyn Hansen said...

Lainie -- Not silly. I honestly mean the best memories ever. Funnily enough, we sat right behind two young kids at the concert.

Laraine -- I'm asking for more patients on my wishlist, too. Only I spell it "patience." But, seriously, I'm praying you get as many as you can possibly handle!

Anonymous said...

Carolyn and Lainie:
I find it difficult to go to choral concerts because I CRY at moving music, and choral music is always moving to me. I also CRY if I try to sing! No doubt the power of music in my life . . . hoping for some choral music this season in understanding company, as my handkerchief comes out for action! Lainie, I never made my high school choir, which was at a school called Highland Park High (interesting similarity), partly because my throat closed with emotion during the auditions, and not a note would come out at a key point. But thank goodness ya'll have your wonderful memories of Park High!

Carolyn Hansen said...

I'm a crier, too. Happens almost every Sunday at church. Don't tell Ross. (Kidding. I know that he knows. And he's nice enough not to call attention to it.)