Thursday, December 18, 2008

Blizzard!

Okay . . . I'm exaggerating. But just a little. It snowed. All. Day. Long. Crazy, huh?

Ross had a "procedure" this morning and I had to be there to take him home. So at 7 a.m. we drove to Fremont in the snow. Then we came home around 9:30 in the snow. The office was open, so I drove downtown in the snow. I wasn't very happy about the accumulation, so I drove back home at lunchtime in the snow.

I think it's done snowing here for a little while. But it looks like snow for Racine tomorrow.

My brother arrives here tomorrow. We'll have a nice white, wintry welcome for him!

In other news: I'm very sad to say that I'm coming down with a terrible cold. Bleh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've another 'day off' here from school. I think I might need to find a shovel to clear the walkaway. I'm pretty sure we have one...somewhere...I know we CAME to the PNW with more than one (and were laughed at when the movers took them off the truck!).

Anonymous said...

In the Pottstown PA sunday paper today there is a 2" by 2" picture of Racine's main street with the caption "Usually busy streets are empty after a major snowstorm blanketed the Racine, Wis area".

Nothing more than a thin layer of ice on everything here.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better, Carolyn, and enjoying a 'snow day' (news down here in SoCal says you've been snowed on mightily). We're just cold, and damp from recent rains. That's all. But, days grow longer from today on, and that's a celebration in itself!