Thursday, May 22, 2008

Clean plate club.


Have you heard the expression, "We eat our own dog food"?

It's business jargon for "we practice what we preach." We do what we tell our clients to do. I think it suggests that if you make dog food, you should be willing to eat it.

I made dog food. I even tasted it. It could use some salt.

We can't get our normal dog food here. We brought down a forty-pound bag . . . but that's not enough for three months.

Most dog food is made in China. And most other dog food is made from stuff you wouldn't want to eat. So I got a recipe out of a dog book and made meatloaf for da boyz.

I was a little nervous. But they seemed to like it even better than the usual kibble. Woohoo!

The next test is whether it agrees with their tummies. It's been a few hours. No one is begging to go outside. So I think it'll be okay. Normal procedure is to go half and half for awhile and then switch. That's what we did.

Not that we're completely weird about these guys.

No comments: