Monday, May 5, 2008

Now back to Mexico.

Tomorrow morning -- bright and early -- I jump on a plane back to Mexico. And Ross will jump on a plane to Grand Rapids, Michigan, just about the time I get through customs. We're crossing our fingers that we get to see each other. (Guadalajara is not a huge airport, so if he hasn't gone through security yet, we'll definitely find each other.)

I took a couple photos of my new office, but the computer I'm on right now doesn't have an SD slot for downloading pictures, so that will have to wait until tomorrow.

The day at work was like one long party! We all gathered downstairs, because our keycards wouldn't work the elevators until after 8 a.m. So that was the first "cocktail party." Then at 8:30 we all gathered in the largest meeting room for a brief talk by Spyro. There was a latte cart in the new cafe at 9 a.m. -- just in time for another line. Then we all got a tour. And at noon, they brought in lunch! It's amazing that we all got our boxes unpacked. But we did.

I told my road adventure stories over and over. That was fun, too.

I talked to Ross a couple of times today and he says the dogs are doing fine when he's left them home alone for awhile. He also says that they're sleeping a lot. Hot, sunny weather will do that to you.

So the cab is coming at 4 a.m. tomorrow and I ought to touch ground around 2 p.m. That's only eight "real" hours because of the time difference. But it means I'd better get to bed right about now.

No comments: