Saturday, May 3, 2008

Ear plugs for dogs




Ross spent a good portion of the morning setting up my oficina. I'm now completely geeked -- I have a big monitor and two laptop screens I can use.

Slick did not sleep well last night. Consequently neither did we. It was very noisy outside -- strange birds, barking dogs, fireworks (Labor Day was May 1, and we think they're still celebrating). We have the windows open and this concrete house is very echo-y, so everything sounds like it's happening practically right in the room.

Bob was oblivious.

I wonder if they make ear plugs for dogs. I may need some for myself as well. One bird "sang" all night. I think his song is one long knock-knock joke. It's more of a click than a melody.

This morning, we did something we've never done before. We took the boys to a restaurant! Salvador's has outdoor seating and a good breakfast. It worked out great. The first person we saw asked, "Are those basenjis?"

The boys saw a couple other dogs -- but were easily distracted because they knew we had bacon and might actually part with some. (We have never, ever fed them "people food" from the table before.)

The photo is of da boyz sacked out in my new oficina.

2 comments:

Lainie said...

Hi Guys :)
Tell Slick that even I remember those night sounds. Still, I'm much like Bob and was pretty much oblivious to most of them.
You're office, what I could see of it, really looks nice.
Meanwhile, up here, near the arctic circle, we had a nice weekend weatherwise--pretty, sunny and cool.
If I were you, I'd have a lot of trouble making the big turn around to come back this way. But, I don't have your job, so I can't know the motivation.
Here's a crazy question: do all of your vehicles fit in your garage? I think the Tundra is too big for the vicinity :)
Have a lovely week.
Lainie

Carolyn Hansen said...

Yes, both Luz (the minivan) and the Tundra fit in the garage. But since there's only one small doorway, it's not terribly convenient. We'd like to widen the door . . . but there are complications -- so I don't know when we'll get to do that.

Love, cj