Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mercado

I played hooky from work for a couple hours this morning and we went to the Wednesday market. This is a very cool place where you can walk down one street for about two blocks and find almost anything you could possibly need. For cheap. My favorite is the polyester underwear. I'm just amazed that it's there . . . not that I really want any.

Today we bought some veggies and a Walkman for our neighbor the rap music fan.

Ross went over to him and explained how important it was to me that he turn down his music -- and he actually turned it off! What a relief. Then we felt a little guilty. Hence the Walkman (or "portable CD player/radio").

Here's hoping that's a permanent solution. At the price in the mercado, I could probably replace every boombox in this town. My own little contribution to solving the noise pollution problem.

No comments: