Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Gone with the wind.

Ross took off for Houston this morning. The good news is he'll be home tonight!

So the dogs and I are hanging out, listening to the birds sing, wishing we could be outside enjoying the perfect weather. I have a lot of work going on . . . just taking a brain break here.

Ross has done a ton of work around the house -- mostly involving drilling holes into concrete. He and Jack hung a ceiling fan in the dining room last week. Ross put up a knife rack and a utensil rack in the kitchen on Monday. He hung a pot rack yesterday.

I've only pulled some stuff out of storage rooms and organized a little. We should be fully unpacked by the time we go back north. I'm kind of kidding.

We decided against expanding the carport on this trip. It was too spendy for us right now. Maybe after we sell the Seattle house.

Even so, the improvements never end. Tomorrow a carpenter, Antonio Ramirez, is coming to tell us how much a roomful of bookshelves will cost. We'll be transforming the "sun room" into the "library."

The gardeners have been working overtime taking out a big tree in the front yard, to make room for a mango tree. The old tree is a giant version of a schefflera -- I'm sure at some time in your life you've had one of these as a houseplant. This one was two-stories high, constantly dropped leaves and the roots broke up our walkway a little. So goodbye. Now we'll get a dwarf tree that'll drop fruit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy! Goodbye to the big ol' tree. May the mango take its graceful place happily. I loved hearing your movie experience. I still go to 'real' movies, but maybe 'cause in L.A. audiences are fierce about noisemakers, so mostly I can enjoy just the film.
Good luck with the bookshelves. I'm reckoning it will be another few weeks before I finish the simple components of my new office, so the ongoing work of the house makes all kinds of sense to me now. Hugs, L.