Monday, May 26, 2008

I know my life would look all right if I could see it on the silver screen.

When I was young and single, I went to a LOT of movies. The big weekends, like Christmas, Memorial Day and the 4th of July meant movies and lots of 'em. Ross and I went to plenty of movies, too . . . a long, long while ago.

We soured on the whole movie experience in recent years, and have done all our movie-watching months or even years after the release -- from the comfort of our living room.

Today we went to the matinee of the new Indiana Jones movie. I feel like a kid again!

For one thing, the prices were from the 1980s. It was two bucks a pop for the tickets. A muy grande bucket of popcorn (we could only get through half of it) and two diet Cokes cost about $5. Parking was free.

Best thing? NO ONE TALKED! Not during the show. Not during the previews. Not even during the ads. No one's cell phone rang. No one's baby cried.

Un. Be. Lievable. I could weep with happiness.

By the way, the ads were all local and extremely entertaining. Half were in English with Spanish subtitles and half were in Spanish with English subtitles. All were quite well done.

The movie itself was in English (i.e., not dubbed), with Spanish subtitles.

Our experience may be different in the evenings or on weekends. But matinees are okay by me.

No comments: